About the Workshop
SVG animation is a brilliant way to bring personality and character to an online experience. But in an industry focused on metrics, these whimsical details are often overlooked or undervalued.
In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn how to craft delightful animations using SVG and GSAP, and have a ton of fun whilst doing it.
What you'll learn
- How to use motion design principles to improve your animations.
- How best to structure and optimize your SVG for performance and accessibility.
- Unlocking SVG’s superpowers — clipping, masking and filters.
- Animating an SVG with GSAP - GreenSock animation platform
- Creating animation with personality — choosing the right ease and timing.
- Planning out and structuring your animation.
- Achieving effects like stroke animation and morphing with GreenSock’s plugins.
- Debugging your animations & avoiding common pitfalls.
- How to use your new powers responsibly — respecting user preferences.
Cassie is a creative developer with a background in graphic design and motion design. She has written for CSS-Tricks and Codrops and has thrown workshops for Smashing Magazine. She currently works in developer education at GreenSock.